Reader has supported labels since the very beginning, but they haven't always been easy to get to. To make them more accessible, we've added a drop-down menu at the top of the page, allowing you to get to any of your labels with just a couple of clicks. Keyboard fans shouldn't worry, we've covered that angle too. Simply hit
l to bring up the label selector:
Type in a label name and/or use the arrow keys to select a label. Once you've selected your desired label, hit the return key to load it. Quicksilver fans may recognize and appreciate the interaction style. We've also added a few more
g keyboard shortcuts to make getting around easier, refer to the complete list.
Some other changes and bug fixes we've made recently:
- You can hover over item titles in left side list to view them in a tooltip - useful when longer titles are cropped.
- The "keep unread" checkbox works once again in Internet Explorer.
- Don't reset the window scroll position for some keyboard shortcuts (like scan down/up).
- Improved sorting and filtering in the subscriptions drawer.
- Better error messages for empty and not found feeds.
Stay tuned for more fun things in the near future.